Consider Regular Dental Exams and Cleanings For Optimal Dental Health
Stoneycreek Village Dental believes prevention is far superior to cure. Why? Dental issues like gum disease and cavities are often asymptomatic until they cause damage. This usually results in more costly, time-consuming, and invasive dental treatments. Regular dental exams and cleanings help in the early diagnosis and treatment of oral problems, or better yet, prevention altogether.
Although at-home oral hygiene is superb, it isn’t sufficient alone. You must see a dentist every six months for an all-rounded preventive dental care regimen.
What to expect during a routine dental check-up
During a dental check-up, your dentist aims to detect and treat oral problems before they become harder to treat. Have you never been to a dental exam? Here is what to expect.
- Physical examination: Your dentist can pick a lot by just looking at your mouth. We can detect cavities, gum disease, failing dental work, and jaw misalignment during physical exams. Furthermore, we can evaluate your overall health by examining your oral health.
- Digital X-rays: Through physical exams, your dentist is limited to problems occurring on the surface. We use digital radiographs (x-rays) to unearth dental problems lurking beneath the gum line. Dental x-rays help us spot issues like hidden cavities, cysts, bone loss, tumours, gum disease, etc.
- Oral cancer screening: Routine oral exams aren’t all about gum infections and cavities. Our dental team examines your mouth, neck, and throat to look for abnormal lumps and sores, signifying mouth cancer. Should we find concerning signs, we recommend a biopsy for an accurate diagnosis.
- Dental cleaning: Though you diligently brush and floss your teeth, you can’t reach every corner of your mouth. That’s why you need the help of a dentist every six months. During a dental cleaning (oral prophylaxis), we use special tools to remove plaque and tartar in all areas of your mouth.
- Fluoride treatment: If you are at risk of tooth decay and cavities, we will discuss fluoride treatment to protect your decay-prone teeth.
Would you like to take control of your dental health? Consider Stoneycreek Village Dental in Fort McMurray, AB, as the ideal choice for regular dental cleanings and exams. Please dial 780-750-3030 to schedule an appointment with Drs. Yohannes Melkie, Alan Chan, and the team.